Sunday 29 November 2009

Ink and Glass


Here is some work that I created in my Fine Art studio session this week. The video shows the projected image of a slides I created. The slide contain varying amounts of sticky tape, dried ink and wet Indian ink. I chose to video the projection of the pieces as I found that the resulting images looked very interesting. They seemed to resemble a Eukaryotic cell in both colour and structure which was even more interesting considering that the ink was between two slides (like a microscope). I found the way the ink moved across the slide quite eerie for some reason. In some slides not shown in the video I managed to make the ink move extremely slowly (about 2cm per minute). This work with ink reminded me of the work by Andrei Molodkin involving ink and oil.

Close up still.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Clicky Web Analytics